Wednesday, September 15, 2010

48 Sheet

The billboards have been speaking to me again.  Their messages leaping out of the paper and infecting my brain with subliminal commands, you feel empty, you need me, this will fill that hole, desire, obey, consume...

But sometimes forces of resistance manage to break through these portals instead.  Taking the form and twisting it, questioning the nature of these message boards to the subconscious.

Ian Richards
The dream state can be accessed to show us the potential of images in the media, that they can have moments of ecstasy, strange violent joy, if we only take the time to read them actively instead of passively.

(This particular intrusion of one reality into another was so powerful my camera couldn't capture it, so I borrowed evidence from DiG )

Elizabeth Rowe
The debris can be reformed, grow into new shapes, remind us of the creative possibilities we saw when we were young, before they convinced us that fun had to be bought.

Lucy McLauchlan
Or we can simply distill the adverts and logos into pure icons, sigils that refuse translation, while firing off endless associations.

Harry Blackett and Robin Kirkham


-----
EC Arts: 48 Sheet
Ian Richards
Elizabeth Rowe
Lucy McLauchlan
Harry Blackett and Robin Kirkham

6 comments:

Edwin Remsberg said...

People find for this kinda of amazing and creative funny blog. Like most, always loving this is.

Mink me said...

Just Sign up and enjoy MinkMe on your Phone Connect with Friends, Join Groups, Create Gossips, Share your Mood, Promoting your brand with Social media and much more, stay

connected.
Click Here To Download Free App
Take A Look @ Mink Display

Catalina G. Obrien said...

This information is very interesting, I really enjoyed, I would like get more information about this, because is very beautiful, thanks for sharing!
photo retouching

Kezya Wulandari said...

I recently came accross your blog and have been reading along.I thought I would leave my first comment. I dont know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading. Nice blog. I will keep visiting this blog very often.
Please don't forget to visit My Blog
Best Android
KitKat Launcher
Big Launcher
Anti Virus Apk
YouTube Downloader Pro Apk
MyniLyrics For Android
http://tamboenman.blogspot.com
http://tamboenman.blogspot.com/2014/08/cara-terbaru-share-postingan-blog.html
http://tamboenman.blogspot.com/2014/08/superoneclick-v233-apk.html
http://tamboenman.blogspot.com/2014/08/idm-internet-download-manager-v10-apk.html
http://tamboenman.blogspot.com/2014/08/androvid-pro-video-editor-v247-apk.html
Thankyou ;)

Clipping path service provider said...

Really this site is very good site and the post include a lot of resource.thanks for share with us.good bye.

Nasrin Akhther said...

It is really cool and dandy go ahead...
photo-restoration-service clipping path NYC clipping path background removal service Ghost Mannequin Service